You Are Reading

5

Piece of paper.

Dootzkie Thursday, July 7, 2011
In my last post I mentioned that I was in Budapest for a debating competition. And that the competition was held at CEU. I must say that this is the first time I have been to a - as people call it - graduation university. An university that you join only for one last year or for masters. Oh and for PhD. Apart from the last reason I kinda do find it silly that you would firstly, get the paper of that institution that you finished it when you spend most of your time somewhere else and got used to that way of doing things and secondly, that now there are many "universities" that are only there to provide the finishing year or masters.

Because, think about it, you did something for three to four years at your first university and you will bring most of the habits into your future with you. Once you switch to the graduation/master university it's seems more like a checkup on the topic can your methods you learned and that are now a part of you produce results in some other system which is in power in places that you might want to get a job later. They are not proper educational institutions. They are just providers of a piece of paper that tells others you are just another product of a random educational system that can hit into a mold that is expected to produce needed results.

And I say, to hell with it! Gamble a little and have people from many places doing the same thing. Two plus two will equal four everywhere, but the way you get the result may not. Someone will see two of the same number and will multiply, someone will see two of the same numbers multiplied and will square one number. Some will see two and two sheep and some will see two and two rockets. The results will be the same but changing, or more so, enriching the views might sprout new solutions!

With this little rant over I'd like to say that in the future I will have to use you all as lab rats, if you wish to respond via comments, that is. I started learning about submodalities and NLP so while I will be testing it with the people I know IRL, a more global response would be nice.

Cheers
Be well

5 comments:

themajessty said...

Lab rat?

I'd be happy to oblige, except that I prefer the term "guinea pig."

What? It's associated with "fluffy" and "cute."

D4 said...

Oh yay. Now I'm a rat.

AllenTesch said...

I've always been a rat. That's my initials.

Anonymous said...

I'm probably doing my masters in a different university, you're probably right about the habbits and style of learning :/

Zach said...

Rat me up

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Bite Size Thoughts