You Are Reading

16

Are you bold enough?

Dootzkie Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Wednesday stands for quotes and with the basic three ones being covered already I shall now move onto some that we all know, but also, on how they manifested them self in my life.

For today we will play around with ~ Fortes fortuna adiuvat ~ Fortune favors the bold.

My take on this proverb is that sometimes people won't believe what you did so you get away with it, but that also, you need to have a certain mind set if you want to pull it off. I know I have done a lot of needlessly risky things and got away with it. I also believe that if some of my timid mates would do that, they would get Hells heat!

On the other hand I also believe that you cannot be bold without an aim. I believe that is the main difference between have no brain and having balls. In a world where a lot of people have no direction, having aim can intimidate most of the people around you. This is why you are able to push it further then others did.

Share with me, with us, here, your moments of bravery.
Preferably those that when ended made you go "WTF did I just do?!"

16 comments:

Astronomy Pirate said...

I think this is a perfect quote for the day. This marks the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy's 'Decision to go to the Moon' speech. Some very, very bold words for the time, yet we did it.

logo mess said...

Great advice, enjoied readin!

Insider33 said...

That's a good quote.

TMH said...

Anything public-speaking like for me is being bold for me. Still, each time you need to just harden up and do it

Max Power said...

But fortune didn't favor Mr. Kennedy in the end...sorry. I love that quote, definitely applies to me, although I think I'm bold to a fault. Think I may mistake doing stupid things people would never do for being bold :)

duffboi said...

I guess a moment of being bold was way back in college. I used to ride around on my unicycle while hitting my bowl. Didn't get me anywhere, but no one seemed to notice or care. And it seemed bold to me at the time.

Mercurio said...

determination is a great weapon if used with care. Is that quote in latin or something? sounds funny.

Nom de Plume said...

Fortune favours the bald? I better shave my head!

Zach said...

Great quote

Dave said...

Yeah ive done some risky things and also got away with it but I know that I was very lucky also.

brn said...

I don't think i've ever done anything really brave in my life. i'm that boring... D:

Nom de Plume said...

Every time I finish a rock climbing route :D

Grant said...

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon ;D

Easy Smile ! said...

Nice quote

TheBrian said...

When I was convoying into Iraq during the invasion and I was half asleep sweating my ass off in a humvee one day. I saw a big ass tank come up over a burm and stop there. I about shit myself. We kept on going and nothing else happened, but that definitely made me rethink joining the army. That's my "WTF did I just do?" moment.

Ephedrine said...

I know this posts meaning. I have a friend who would always say the ballsiest, crazy shit in the world. Like telling my teacher in high school he's gay, and is a child molester. The teacher just laughed that shit off. I ask the teacher if he gives mustache rides, and I get bucked and suspended me.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Bite Size Thoughts